Market Market Haul | The Goal of a Thousand Books

Written: Monday. October 14, 2019.

Bought 'The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss' and 'Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card' last Saturday, October 12, 2019, at the Chapters & Pages branch located in Market Market. Technically my mom bought it for me, which is nice. I didn't need to spend my own savings in order to buy a book this time.

I almost wasn't gonna pick up a book that day. I thought we'd have time to browse around the Fully Booked branch in Bonifacio High Street. We didn't end up having enough time, but my mom wanted to go back to the Chapters & Pages branch. So I thought, okay, I will pick up a book today.

I had already found 'The Name of the Wind' the first time we browsed around in that bookstore, but I decided against it, because it was 110 pesos, the highest price you could spend when it comes to second-hand pocket books.

When it was the second time around for us to browse, I then saw 'Children of the Mind', which only costs 45 pesos.

My thought process was this: I could choose Name of the Wind today, because it's the first time I've seen this book in a second-hand bookstore. But I should pick Children of the Mind instead, because it costs less...

But then all of a sudden, I picked up both books, showed it to my mom, hoping that she'd buy both for me, and then she did. 

GO BACK

Comments