A Wheel of Time Fan-casting | The Modern Hidalgo

by me.
THE MODERN HIDALGO: Entry_095.
Written: Friday. April 24, 2020.

New journal entry, not much advancement in life. Still in quarantine, baby. Still at home 24/7.
I seemed to have gotten back into the habit of working out, though I haven’t returned to the usual amount of lifting that I do. But still, that’s some progress there. I could also wake up early in the morning, but maybe that’s just the sunlight hitting my eyes so brightly that it forces me to come awake out of the slumber that is sleep.

But I somehow can’t stay awake, after I’ve had my morning read of a chapter of a book (currently The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan). I immediately fall asleep and find it hard to wake up immediately, like it’s never just a quick power nap. It’s a half marathon of sleep, until I wake up to the sound or smell of morning breakfast. Then after I’ve taken my breakfast, I’m all awake from there. So that’s that.

I also have a lot of things that I want to get done in a day, which is why I don’t want to go back into sleeping, cause that’d mean I’ll waste precious time… even though I have all the time in my life. You get what I mean…

I wanna be able to watch a movie and a twilight zone episode per day. I wanna be able to write something down about some minor details on the story I’m writing to prepare for when I’m gonna write the next part of that story. I wanna be able to read at least three chapters within a day. It’s always been 2 chapters from one book, and the other one would be for the other book I’m currently reading.

I wanna read more, but by the time I’m done reading those three chapters, I’m already exhausted, cause I’ve read too much into two stories simultaneously, and my brain wouldn’t handle operating or maintaining a sane level of recalling events in other additional stories — since I am also watching tv shows and movies on the side, within everyday. So reading something like a short story is already a challenge.

But, I still wanna try it, that’s why I added that option on the wheel of “daily shit” fortune. I could now hopefully get to read a short story if ever the wheel lands on that option. But so far it hasn’t…

I’ve also started researching on Philippine Mythology and/or history, in preparation for the Epic Fantasy story that I wanna be able to write, that’s hopefully in the same level of quality as the Lord of the Rings or the Wheel of Time. I’ve only been doing it for 2 days now. I’m gonna see to it that every night, before going to bed, I get to read one article from The Aswang Project, which is honestly the most resourceful website to go to when looking for Philippine mythology. They’re great with the information they present.

* * *

In other news, I’m in the process of downloading a bunch of stuff. Like every Police Academy movie (cause I recently just watched the first movie), Underworld series (cause I haven’t watched that in a while), Riverdale (also haven’t watched seasons 2–4), Mad Men (season 2-onwards). There are a lot of shows I wanna get into. A lot of things to enjoy.

* * *

Since this is a Wild Card day, I’m gonna talk about my favorite topic: Books.

This one, in particular is about who I imagine whenever I read the Wheel of Time (which is what I’m currently trying to read). I specifically think of KJ Apa whenever I read scenes from Rand. He fits the part. I know that he’s that young dude from Riverdale, but just look at the dude. He’s got red hair, tall, looks like he can wield a sword (maybe even the One Power), and he’s got that determined look, or is it a dangerous look, either way. He looks like the Dragon Reborn. He looks like Rand al’Thor.


I know that Amazon’s already picked their Rand al’Thor, but while the show hasn’t aired yet, my vote is on KJ Apa. Cole Sprouse could fit the look of Mat, honestly, too. He’s got that dark look one would probably have if they somehow took a dagger from Shadar Logoth… Perrin, I dunno. The one Amazon picked kind of fits the look, but I dunno how he acts. Never seen anything from the guy. Probably if Chris Hemsworth was younger, he’d fit the role of Perrin. But if I were to get somebody who’s around the same age as KJ and Cole, I’d probably pick… Henry Cavill…if he was younger. Though he’d probably make a good Lan, though. Sadly, he already has Witcher in his plate.

Rosamund Pike is a good choice… if she were younger. Not that she looks young now, but imagine trying to look as young as possible to look like an Aes Sedai for several years of making season by season (year by year, who knows how long between each break) of the Wheel of Time. She’s gonna have to maintain her young look even longer. Nynaeve could be the girl who played Yennefer in Witcher, so that she’s perfectly paired with Henry Cavill if he was the one who was cast as Lan…

Egwene, I don’t really give a crap about her character, lol. She’s vanilla to me so far. Hailee Steinfeld could do good with that role. Or maybe Lily Collins. Lily could probably land a role in the Wheel of Time if ever she wanted to do so. They’ll probably cast high-paid actors once season 2 is green-lit. Just saying, that’s why they’re casting nobodies right now… nobodies that I know of, since I’m coming from a point of view where I don’t know whatever it is these actors’ recent works are.

But yeah, bottom line of what I’m saying here is this: KJ Apa looks like the ideal Rand al’Thor.

* * *


* * *




Comments