The Nth Chapter: Journal Entry_008.

Written: Tuesday. December 27, 2022.

I don't have any particular topic that I want to talk about for this journal entry. I'm just gonna wing it—try to feel the flow of ideas pass through me and succumb to that force.

Yesterday, and a little bit today, I was able to somewhat emulate the kind of routine I had a few years ago. I had a daily routine, yes. For what that was worth, it was technically considered a routine, and I was proud of that routine. I didn't have a job back then, so I had a lot more time on my plate (more on that later). I used to wake up early in order to start checking off boxes on the list of things I would need/want to get done within the day, and ultimately, it lead to being able to have this sense of discipline in my day-to-day life.

I sort of began losing that sense of routine when the pandemic started. And it sort of vanished once I had bought my Nintendo Switch Lite. I've picked it up back again a few times, but it was never as consistent as it once was back then. I guess the lack of new Casey Neistat vlogs also factor in on this, because I took a lot of motivation from those vlogs of his into my daily willpower to do the small things that I did back then. I used to write more. Not just journal entries. Like, I used to try and write outlines for short stories. I used to be able to write a chapter of a novel (although, that was only cause by challenging myself into completing a 1-year duration of writing a chapter of a story per week, but still...). I even used to research a lot when it came to Philippine Mythology, which was something that I wanted to do because I had this sort of goal to make a Tolkien-esque Fantasy series based off of Philippine Mythology. I still have that goal, but other things have gotten in the way, that I've sort of put that course of thinking on ice.

Now, a few years later, I feel like I'm getting my act together again. I'm finding my footing again, slowly but hopefully surely, as well. Yesterday, I was able to do a couple of things within the right amount of time. I allotted 1 hour each to the things I wanted to get done within the day:

  • Play my Nintendo Switch for 1 hour.
  • Play my Nintendo 2DS for 1 hour.
  • Read a Chapter of a book (though this one is focused more on completing a chapter within a day).
  • I watched 1 episode of Beyblade (more on this later).
  • I watched 1 episode of Great Mazinger (because I need to get back into making Mecha Robot videos for my Youtube Channel again).
  • I watched 1 Movie (Bullet Train 2022).

The movie was sort of just a filler item, though I would want to able to watch a movie at least once per day in order to catch up on the movies I've still yet to watch.

For today, I was able to:

  • Read a chapter of a book.
  • Play 1 hour on my 2DS.
  • Sleep for 2 hours (this is actually a bad item on the list of things, but I'll put it here for bedding).
  • Watch 1 episode of Great Mazinger.
  • Watch 1 episode of Beyblade.
  • Watch 1 episode of Arrow Season 2 while exercising.

And then here we are at the present, where I'm writing this journal down on my laptop.

I've started watching the first Beyblade series because I ultimately want to get into making Beyblade videos for my YouTube Channel. I don't know which YouTube Channel yet, though. But that's not the point. I wanna diversify from just making Mecha Robot videos, and somehow I see Beyblade as something that's, in principle, quite similar to mecha anime.

In both mecha anime and beyblade, fans have the option to buy, collect, and assemble, as many series characters as possible, and show it off as their collection. Mecha Anime mostly lives off of Gundam, but for older fans of the genre, they have the option of collecting toys from franchises like Mazinger Z, Voltron, Voltes V, Daimos, etc. And it would still fall in line with the mecha anime fandom. For the Beyblade franchise, it takes a more involved approach. Beybladers get to collect various Beyblades, buy different parts for those Beyblades, and also have to buy Bey arenas or stadiums where they'll conduct their Beyblade battles. It's the same principle, but I see myself getting more interested with Beyblade just because you actually get to play with the toys, rather than have it just collect dust.

Anyway, for today, I wasn't able to get much done. I still haven't picked up my Switch in order to play Mario Odyssey and Skyward Sword (I'll probably do so once I'm done with this journal entry). After I read a chapter on the book I was reading (Sacajawea by Ann Lee Waldo), I got drowsy, and decided to take a nap that lasted for about 2 hours. Damn this aging body of mine.

That's why I've opted to get some lifting done, so that I could gain more stamina within the day. Sleep isn't an option if you want something to get done. I hope to rectify that issue in later days/weeks.

On a side-note, this throat of mine's been a fucking bitch for two weeks now. Something's always irritating it, and every time I dry swallow, I feel something stuck in there somewhere. I don't know what it is, but no amount of gargling can get rid of it somehow.

Anyway, that's it for this journal entry. Now to get more shit done within the day (hopefully).

* * *


* * *
















Comments