The Nth Chapter: Journal Entry_016.

Written: Thursday. February 16, 2023.

Right now, I'm sleepy, but I wanna get some journaling done before I head off to bed.

I'm writing this on the chromebook. It's literally on my lap, and I'm downstairs instead of upstairs in the bedroom. Well, because I can't stand it there sometimes. It feels even more of a prison than when we were in the apartment in Sampaloc. It was nice at first, but now that I've experiencing working in that area for 3-4 months, I've gotten resentful of it. It's got dust on the floor because I can't find the time and energy and willpower and sanity to even clean it with the simple use of our vacuum cleaner. My bookshelf hasn't been dusted off since we got to Paranaque, and I just don't like the feel of my new mattress. It's too thick and hard and uncomfortable to sleep in.

I can't stand reading Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo anymore, but I also can't put it down because that'd be a waste. I hate her writing style. It's got no life to it, no sense of personality. I feel like I'm just reading something that was written out of mandatory reasons, and not of passion, which is ironic since the author claims that they researched a lot about Sacajawea for this novel to get down. The problem is that she overlooked her ability to actually write a story. I get that she probably can't change things about history, but she could at least retell the tales of Sacajawea's life in such a way that it doesn't bore me, or makes my mind go to other places and just auto-read the thing and not understand what's actually going on. I can't for the life of me recall much of what's happened in the story. This is wheel of time all over again.

The first part of the novel was fine, because there were certain themes and elements in the story that I found interesting. But as the next parts went by, it was mostly about Sacajawea's travels with the other races of white men, Charbonough and his fucking antics, and Clark and his adoration for Sacajawea that nothing can be done about because of Sacajawea being Charbonough's woman. There's no highpoint to the events of the story.

I haven't written anything in the past day or so, because as usual, nothing really happens when I'm just at home. Mostly mental conundrums that I have to deal with because my mind can't be satisfied with whatever it is that it wants me to do or have.

There's this Lenovo M7 Tablet that I keep finding on Lazada that I DO NOT NEED IN ANY REASONABLE SENSE POSSIBLE, but my mind is telling me to buy it because it's so tiny and can't do anything except probably as a PDF reader of some sort that I could bring with me outside more easily than the Huawei tablet that I currently have already. My Matepad can't do shit because it's got no google support on it, and the Lenovo M7 has google support. Both of these devices have 2GB RAM and 32GB Internal Storage.

The good thing about my Matepad is that it can download certain videos from websites that I can't normally download on desktop because...I dunno why. It just can, okay? But it's been so long since I've actually used my Matepad, because I can't find time to even watch shit anymore. So what use does my Matepad have, other than collect dust?

The Lenovo M7 is cheaper by like 1,000, because it's only like 5,000 pesos, and the Matepad I bought was like 7K because I also bought a fucking bluetooth keyboard that doesn't work anymore.

I DON'T NEED THE LENOVO M7. I already spent money on my Chromebook, and I need to save as much money as possible before I quit my video editing job.

* * *

Another problem that I face is the fact that I'm thinking of wasting more money on trying to buy collector's editions of Fire Emblem games. Specifically Three Hopes and Engage. Engage's Divine Edition costs about 7,500, but it's a Japanese version, so the words are in Japanese but the game can be played in English...but the word on the artbook are Japanese and the Game Case is also Japanese...

For Three Hopes, it's around 11,000 because I'll be purchasing it via America, because my Uncle Mike's gonna be going to the States next month, and I asked him to look for copies of both Divine Edition and Limited Edition of both games in exact particular order. No divine edition available, which is understandable. And Limited Edition is available, but too pricey.

So if I were to spend money on buying those Fire Emblem games, I'd probably just buy the games alone. I still have Tears of the Kingdom to worry about.

It's early morning, so I'll probably continue this entry once I wake up in the afternoon.

* * *

Just uninstalled Evernote on my Chromebook, because it's apparently too slow for my taste. I have to admit that I had that coming for me when buying this cheap device, but the good news is that I could just use Evernote on the chrome browser instead. There's no delays when I type, and the syncs are quicker and more precise.

One thing I want to mention for this entry is that I've recently discovered this pixel art video game maker app called Bloxels while looking for apps to use on the Play Store on my Chromebook.

I purchased the 1 month subscription, and have been using the app to recreate the entirety of the 1st Zelda game on the NES. Can't seem to escape that game.

I haven't touched on the pixel art remake that I was making for the Zelda NES x Minish Cap for like months now. Come to think of it, I haven't done any new Pixel Art Projects at all since we moved back to Paranaque.

* * *


* * *















Comments