Inner Machinations: Entry_008.

Written: Monday. July 27, 2020.

I’ll do something different this time. I kind of miss writing journal entries every other day, but since I tasked myself to only post an entry a week, I only really write entries once per week. So to make this interesting, I’ll try putting in some mini-updates on each day that passes. Just brief summaries of each day, within the whole week. And still be on time to post all of what I’ve written, in a single post, on Thursday.


Last Saturday (July 25), I watched The Wizard of Oz. It was an okay movie. Definitely old, but still fairly okay for my standard. Not a big fan of movies that break into song-and-dance sequences. Well…not a big fan of those movies if the transitions aren’t that good from normal scenes to song-and-dance scenes. Also, my brain literally hurt after watching a ton of stuff on my laptop last Saturday. It was brutal. Like a 7/10 migraine the whole night until I woke up the next day.

Last Sunday (July 26), I watched The Hunt & Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. Watched two movies because I was able to read three chapters in a row from Moymoy Lulumboy. And doing that gives me one free pass on whatever I watch. Let it be an episode of a show, or a movie — it’s free. My Habitica avatar also died yesterday, so the free pass was convenient to have, since dying in Habitica makes me lose all my coins. Coins are used for Rewards. Rewards can be anything you would have for yourself once you’ve finished a task in real life. Say, you finished reading an entire book. You immediately reward yourself with something in return, like buying a game, or taking a Cheat Day and eating all of the junk food you could fit in your stomach before getting tired of doing that, so you repeat the cycle, and do another task, and reward yourself again in some other sense…

Other things to say for today: I discovered a new channel. It’s called The Royal Ocean Film Society. It’s all about film and stuff, like a fresh take on video essays or whatever, since that genre of videos on YouTube is sort of dead now. It used to be relevant, but I think, since the end of The Infinity Saga, most of the Video Essayist Population dialed down their posts, and also maybe quality in what their videos tried to say.

Also, my second channel (Enjoying Life’s Mundane Obstacles) is almost at a Thousand Subscribers. It’s at like 962, last I checked. I’m still figuring out how to smoothly transition the channel into an actual channel that produces good quality videos, and not just shit-posts.

* * *

Written: Tuesday. July 28, 2020.

Yesterday (Monday), nothing really interesting happened. Just the same gist. Watched a bunch of Brooklyn Nine-Nine episodes, a few Voltes V episodes, and wrote some stuff on various notes or entries that I have on Evernote. I’ve been trying to use Trello (an app, look it up). But I don’t really know yet how to utilize it well. Although I am trying.

I was able to make a pixel art piece for today. It was the Computery Guy from Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared: Episode 4. I was supposed to make a Hellboy portrait pixel art piece, since I really liked the look of the ‘Summer Nights by Siames’ pixel art that I made a while back, but decided on making another obscure robot pixel art instead, to add to the series of Forgotten Robots pixel art that I’m passively making.

I didn’t do a lot today. I’m spending a lot of time just watching videos — either shows or YouTube videos. Then I lose a lot of time in the day when I sleep in the afternoon. And I gain this mildly annoying migraine afterwards, which I do not know why it happens. It’s been happening frequently lately.

Fun Fact: As I am writing this entry, I am also speaking the words that I am typing. This is sort of a way for me to practice speaking in English. And probably just a fun way for me to just speak in general. ’Cause I don’t really speak at all that much, in a day.

Also decided not to read anything today. Maybe not decided. I just so happen to not want to read for today. Maybe tomorrow, and probably on Thursday (cause that’s Productivity Day).

* * *

Written: Wednesday. July 29, 2020.

This month alone has felt so long. Not just because of lock-down, but because of the many things that I was able to accomplish within it. I was able to get back on the YouTube game, & was able to get so many pixel art done.

But today, in particular, doesn’t feel that way — just a little bit. This is because I failed on my first attempt on making a new video for today. I kind of went back to the old-way that I do things (which is just me expecting to wing it on the first try, and ultimately failing in the process). I thought I’d make a raw video where I would just talk about my books in a very conversational manner. But turns out, doing that makes me boring, and the video gets longer, cause I have to edit a lot of footage out of the final cut. And this time around, I’m not really all for that anymore. I want a quicker way to edit things. I want a simpler format to how I do things this time around.

Which is why I should’ve just stuck to the format that I did on the previous video I posted, where I write down a script, record myself saying the dialogue, and then laying visual parallels to the voice over. It’s easier than figuring out what type of story I could get by discovering it on the edit. That’s how I used to do it, but now, I want to do it differently. I wanna see if preparing for things actually makes things easier (which it obviously does).

* * *

Written: Thursday. July 30, 2020.

A lot was made today. I was able to edit out a new video for my Youtube Channel, write an idea out for a new video, and also an idea for a new story. I spent an amount of time sleeping, though. My body wanted to sleep, so it did.

I’m one chapter away from fulfilling the 3-chapter per day task that I need to follow everyday (not always, but it’s better to do so, in order to read faster and consume more books within a year. But I’m also not saying people should rush it when they read something. Go on your own pace. Enjoy what you’re currently reading).

Anyway, today marks the day I beat Candies n’ Curses. It’s a mobile game in pixel art animation style, and it’s honestly one of the best games I’ve played in a while. It’s got a simple enough story, a good challenging game-play, and a unique sense of style when it comes to the game in general. It’s close to something like Donkey Kong, but with weapons and a faster real-time game-play that puts you on the edge of your seat. It’s very frustrating, but that’s also what makes this game great. It’s perfectly balanced, and that’s all there is to say about this game. I hope they make an update on the game so that I could play more of it. Right now, the goal is to unlock all of the weapons.

If you’re interested in Candies n’ Curses, read on. I really like the swords more than the lanterns. The sword-type weapon gives you more control over your attacks, the lanterns are kinda shitty when it comes to game-play. Plus, the game feels better when I use swords/scythes. Right now, I’m using the Necro Scythe, which is the second-best sword-type weapon in the game. I am yet to unlock Pyro Jack’s sword. I’ve only beaten the game once at this point in time.

I hope Tako Boy Studios (the dudes who made Candies n’ Curses) either update the game, or make a new one. I’d rather have a new game to play from their team, actually. I wanna see what else they got.

Since we’re on the topic of Gaming: I wanna take another jab at recording my game-play on the phone. I don’t know yet which game I wanna play — either a Pokemon game, or an RPG game of the sort. Never something that requires me to do a ton of load-states because I’m just bad at gaming. I wanna do Minecraft, but I don’t have the right controller for it yet. My cheap controller could only manage to play GBA or NDS games.

I need to buy a better controller.

* * *

That’s it for this entry. I don’t know if this is gonna stick. I need to re-read this tomorrow to know if it’s actually better or not. Peace.

* * *


* * *



Comments