Old Omens: Journal Entry #011

Written: Wednesday. August 18, 2021.

Secondary Trailers for Pokemon Legends: Arceus and the Diamond/Pearl Remakes have just been released on the interwebs. And I gotta say, the Diamon and Pearl remake trailer looks damn batter than the first trailer. It even looks better than the Arceus game! Which is nuts to think about because a few months ago the situation was the complete opposite. People were loudly shouting their thoughts regarding the trailer for the Diamond and Pearl remakes, and the Arceus trailer...well, there wasn't really that much noise regarding that first trailer. Or at least none that I noticed.

It's definitely weird. This whole day was weird as well. I feel like I've entered this new alternate dimension. Almost everything is the same, but nothing is quite predictable. And that's a good thing, because everyday has felt so formulaic and routinely that it just felt like Groundhog Day. Today, I got my first dose of the Covid Vaccine, and I heard a lot of unnecessary bullshit from my friend David (hyperbole).

Unnecessary, because everything that he shared regarding that whole CFAD Alumni Sexual Predator thing is something that's not really gonna affect my day to day life at all. It's just very unfortunate that that's happened, but I don't really see this impacting my life in any sort of way. Moving on.

So, first dose. We were given the Astrazeneca vaccine, which lasts about a year. But, this vaccine has had a lot of questionable reviews. But so far, I'm not really feeling anything significant enough to let me think that this is something more than just a random feeling. I don't feel any side effects so far, and I hope it stays that way.

My legs definitely feel like they've ran a marathon or something. I haven't walked as much as I did today for as long as since March of this year. I need to start walk exercising again.

I didn't read today, or at least haven't yet. I might read after this. So there's that. Oh no, wait. I have read something today. I read the "Laughter, the Best Medicine" portion of the Reader's Digest that I've been reading (been trying to read) since yesterday. The jokes are definitely not for common folk. You need a little bit of brain power to understand them. Cause a lot of the jokes don't make sense unless you have the specific knowledge required for these jokes to be read as something that is actually funny. That probably means either the jokes were just bad, or that I'm just dumb as fuck.

Somehow, I feel sleepy. Or like I'm tipsy. Which is weird. It feels like I can just lie on my bed right now and sleep immediately after 5 minutes. It might be the vaccine. Maybe. Or I'm just tired, which might not be the case, since I've already taken a quick nap awhile ago.

How in the hell am I gonna prolong this fucking journal entry? I've just reached 500 words! I need to write 500 more fucking words regarding what happened during the day. And I have nothing else interesting to say, because nothing else interesting has happened within this day. This day was very eventful, but it was also very fast. I wasn't even able to record a Clash Royale video today, or an Advance Wars gaming session, or whatever the fuck else I usually do in a day.

I've watched only 1 episode of Kamen Rider today. I'm at 76 already. I'm getting close to the end. I really don't like Hongou Takeshi's new outfit, but I do appreciate the somewhat return to form of the mood of each episode. I like the addition of Rider Youth Squad. I didn't really like Gorou's character, and I like the new kids they brought along in the cast.

It's definitely sad that they didn't bring back Ruriko's character when Hongou returned. Their dynamic was something nice to see. Cause at the beginning of the series, Ruriko didn't like Hongou because she thought he had killed her grandfather (or was that her father? Can't remember). And once she knew that it wasn't Hongou, she slowly started to make it up to him, by playing an active role to finding out where Shocker is, plus also slowly developing an interest towards Hongou.

But, unfortunately, they removed her character, and settled for a 1-dimensional girl group that replaces the roster every so often within the entire series. The romance factor of the series was entirely lost, in favor of a lighter tone, or a kid-friendly show.

I also realized recently how there aren't a lot of female Shocker Cyborgs that appear in the whole series. It's just a bunch of masculine Cyborgs. And also, just looking at the entirety of the Kamen Rider franchise, there hasn't been a female rider before. Or at least, none that I know of. Why is that? Sure, it might be because more boys watch this franchise, but they could've at least tried making one of the female characters a Rider. But they've never tried it before. Which begs the question: If a female Kamen Rider were to appear in any of the next shows, would that change anything in the Tokusatsu genre?

Come to think of it now, a lot of the other tokusatsu shows don't really have female lead protagonists. Super Sentai always has the male Red Ranger as the default leader of every squad. The Metal Hero franchise also has just male leads. So far, I think the Ultraman franchise has had a lot of Ultra female characters. Which is funny, since there's the word "man" in the title of the franchise, and its the one so far that's attempted to make female heroes.

I think I've learned something today that might help me once I start writing out a tokusatsu story of my own making. It's gonna happen, but right now I'm focusing on...well, I don't know really. I haven't been making new videos on the Main Channel, and I've been on and off on watching Kamen Rider.

Huh...

* * *


* * *



Comments