Old Omens: Journal Entry #017

Written: Wednesday. August 25, 2021.

Another day, another journal entry. Today's been quite a long day, but I feel like just the same amount of stuff just happened, honestly.

I woke up very early awhile ago. I had slept at around 2:30 am, and woke up at maybe 5:40 am. So I had just slept a few hours, but decided that I would go down to use the desktop computer. I played an hour's worth of Brawl Stars, and recorded my playthrough, then posted it on the gaming channel. Then, I installed War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius afterwards. I tried playing the game, and once I was bored with it, I uninstalled the game.

I only uninstalled it because I felt like it just wasn't the time to be playing the game. The game felt promising, honestly. The voice actor for the main character in the game is voice by Bryce Papenbrook, which is also the voice actor for Kirito from Sword Art Online, and Eren Jaeger from Attack on Titan. So it was cool to hear his voice work for this game. I didn't expect that at all. It made the game feel familiar, in a way.

I'll probably play the game again in another time, just to see if I could complete the main story of the game without having to deal with the trouble of the gatcha system. This game falls under the Tactics line of Final Fantasy games, but with an added gatcha system for the recruitable characters you'll have to use for each battle you come across.

The only major flaw of the game itself is that it's a mobile game. Mobile games die out if it doesn't gain a constant following. The Devs essentially kill the game if it's no longer racking up the moolah. And I fear that that could happen with this game, for at least 8-10 years after its release. It's still at the first year of it's initial run, but I don't get to see a lot of people talking about the game. There's just this one dude who does content on it in his YouTube Channel, and there are other channels, sure, but not that many, I feel.

It's just, I feel like this would've been such a great new Tactics game, if it were made for console. If it was made for something like the Playstation 5, or the Nintendo Switch, or at least have it available on Steam, this game would've been greater than it already is. The game is in fact great, but with the paywalls and everything, it's just very hard to commit to it, knowing that those other in-game currencies or options are available in the game (if you happen to want to spend a lot of money to experience it, which, not a lot of people do). It sucks, but I just hope that even if I'm just a free-to-play gamer, I get to experience the full main story of the game, regardless of those paywalls. Hopefully.

After uninstalling War of the Visions, I installed Cardfight!! Vanguard Zero. It's a card game that I used to play in high school, but no longer do so because I have no money to buy new cards, and my friends are too far away for me to play it with them anymore. This is basically the digital version of that game, and now I was able to play it smoothly by using Bluestacks. I could play it on my phone, but my phone couldn't really handle it that well. This is dilemma when it comes to any mobile game. It could be widely available to anyone, but if you're using a shitty phone because you can't afford to buy a better phone for yourself, then you're gonna have a tough time enjoying mobile games in general. But if you did have something like an ROG phone in your arsenal, then props to you, cause you'll definitely have a decent time playing the games you want to play on your phone.

I played Mega Man Battle Network last night after writing the journal entry for that day. I was initially planning on posting that playthrough on the main channel, but decided not to, because I thought better. I'll keep the gaming videos on the gaming channel, and focus on a specific topic with the main one. Anyway, it went very smoothly. I just hate the fact that I need to be rendering the playthrough on PowerDirector for like an hour or so, because if I just post it RAW, YouTube doesn't make an HD processing of the damn video. I have no fucking clue as to why this is. Maybe YouTube's just fucking shitty on that part, but whatever. Moving on.

I'm going to have to go back to playing Advance Wars again, later. Just because I've played like 2-3 games already that are not Advance Wars. I need to focus on playing that game if I want to progress into playing the second game, and then the DS game after that, and then the other DS games after that, and then the Fan-made Website where you could customize your own maps—after all of that. And then after I've tried playing all of those, I'll move on to playing Fire Emblem games. I'll basically try to be an Advance Wars and Fire Emblem gaming channel, is what I'm saying.

I haven't been a big fan of strategy games, mainly because I'm not good at them. But if I work hard enough to eventually get better at playing strategy games, then I'll eventually get better at it. That's how most things go, right? I don't know.

One thing I've been thinking a lot of lately is the potential games Nintendo could make. They could actually make a graphical remake to the first Fire Emblem game. I could see that potentially happening, because we're already gonna be getting a graphical remake to the Advance Wars games. Advance Wars and Fire Emblem were both developed by Intelligent Systems. Unfortunately, the Advance Wars reboot was developed by WayForward, which is a different game developer company, which is weird, but okay. It's still possible for Intelligent Systems to...team up with WayForward? So that they could collaborate on a Fire Emblem remake.

I know that the first Fire Emblem has been remade a couple of times. It was even finally released on the Switch in its original design, but with an English translation. But even then, they decided to take that away from the E-shop. So maybe, if the stars aligned themselves for this wishful idea of mine, we could potentially be getting a Fire Emblem remake in the next couple of years.

* * *

Comments