Old Omens: Journal Entry #026

Written: Saturday. September 4, 2021.

I hope I actually finish writing this just in time; right before the clock strikes twelve. I probably won't, but we'll see at the end what the final outcome of this journal entry will be.

I finished fixing the formatting of the story I transcribed. Now I've started the process of fixing the grammar. It's gonna take more than a few weeks to get that done, cause I think I'll be able to do 2-3 chapters per day, before my brain couldn't handle it re-editing anymore. It's tedious work, but it's needed. It's definitely a chance for me to learn how to edit my own work, that's as long as a novel. I've only really edited short works that I've done. So this is gonna be a first for me.

Again, I won't be changing anything in the structure of the story. I'll only be editing the smaller details, just to give this pile of shit some quality to it. The first chapter, I would say, has some quality to it. It's you're typical introduction to a story: Describe the main characters, a little bit of background to their characters, some descriptions, etc.

I might've edited more today if I hadn't decided to watch new episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Season 8, which is the last season of the series, is now available to watch (download off of torrent). So now I'm watching it. I watched up to episode 6, so I'll be watching episodes 7 & 8 tomorrow. 9 & 10 aren't available yet, though. It might be the last two episodes they've yet to release for this season, which is sad. I only just started watching all of the seasons last year, and I can't believe I'm only gonna experience this series in less than one year.

Brooklyn Nine Nine is really good when it comes to talking about social problems or like racial issues or political issues—issues regarding police force, as well. And many more things. Also, it's occasionally funny. It's not that funny, but it's funny enough for my taste.

Other things I did within the day: I downloaded Asphalt 9: Legends on my Nintendo Switch, and Sky: Children of Light. I played Children of Light for a few minutes, before deciding that it was not for me. But when I played Asphalt thought—boy is this game hella good! I thought that it wasn't totally free, and that I needed to be a member of the Nintendo Online bullshit or whatever. But it turns out that I could play the game entirely if I wanted to. It feels more like if the Fast and the Furious franchise decided to make a racing game. Asphalt 9: Legends really feels like that kind of racing game. You car does flips, it crashes into cars just because it can, and you get to do amazing stunts. Also, the race tracks are fucking amazing! It looks amazing! The graphics are so good! It's pure, high-octane goodness.

I might just really be fascinated by car racing due to watching Initial D. That series really is such a good series. It's got good writing, good car race scenes, everything! I hope that every season is as good as what I've already seen. Takami hasn't lost yet, which is part of what makes me want to watch this series more. I wanna see him fail, not because I hate the character or anything, but because I don't think I'd like his character if he always wins every single race he's in. He's got to face somebody who could beat him. It will humanize his character.

What else did I do today? I tried doing a record session of my playthrough of Need for Speed: Carbon. Turns out, I really shouldn't be playing that game again. It's got really difficult controls, and really shitty graphics for a racing game, especially if you compare it side-by-side with today's standards.

I didn't really do anything else today. I read a chapter of a book, and I'm about 2-3 chapters away from finally finishing it.

I found all of the Korok seeds in Breath of the Wild, and now I'm bored with it. I could still find the remaining pictures that I haven't taken yet in the compendium, but knowing that I've sort of cheated the game, I just can't live with myself. I might make a new game, but I'm still thinking about it. I might not play Breath of the Wild for a couple of days, since now I'm gonna be preoccupied with playing Asphalt 9: Legends. But yeah, I guess I'll just have to go back doing other stuff.

Writing really is something that I'd want to do more, but since it's really hard to find a way to monetize that passion of mine, it's difficult to go through as well. There's always that voice at the back of my head, saying that I should be doing the things that will get me money just by doing it more, like making YouTube videos, or whatever.

And that goes with making Pixel Art, as well. I don't have a solid way to monetize that passion yet. I'm currently working on my passion for gaming, by working on the YouTube channel that I've built for it. The main channel is what's really taking a back seat recently.

I just don't know what to do with it anymore. It's not gaining the views that I want it to get. I might need to do another channel update or whatever. I'm gonna need to enter a new phase in my YouTube career. These are looking to be like the Dark Age of my YouTube career. I'm down on my luck with anything that I put out into the channel, and I can't think of any new idea that could make the channel go back to life.

It feels like I'm grinding my ass off, lately. But I'm only grinding half an ass. I'm not fully grinding both cheeks. I need to focus more. This last paragraph got way too stupid.

I didn't make it before 12 am, by the way.

* * *


* * *



Comments