Old Omens: Journal Entry #029

Written: Wednesday. September 8, 2021.

Another vanilla-type day. Nothing new happened. Didn't do anything different. It's just the same old bullshit. But I'm gonna attempt to write something out anyway, because this is the rule that I've made for myself with this journal entry. I haven't really given much thought yet as to when I'll end this journal series. I've currently kept a consistent 6-day streak without breaking a single week since I've started, which is nice to point out. The two previous seasons of the journal didn't really end up having a good schedule. It's nice that I've been able to keep this up.

I once again recorded a gaming session before starting this journal entry. I hope that I get to do it every day, though. I keep on choosing to be lazy, and delay things that I could be doing. I think that since I'm fixing my novel, I've gotten into the habit of doing things again. I'm still not in my tip-top shape just yet, but at least I'm slowly trying to be once again. I wonder how long I could keep this up for.

Me and David watched another episode of What If? We watch it every Wednesday, and it's become a routine, of sorts. He's the only person that I talk to outside of my family these days. It's this on-going yearly resolution that I've got going on for this particular year: to not socialize with anybody. I've been doing a great job at it so far. The only reason why I've spoken to other people within this year is because of David's insistence that I join in on late-night video chats. And I guess that's the clause to my resolution: don't socialize with other people, but if they do it first, then that's okay. I can choose to engage.

I fixed a couple more chapters of The Omnivault. It's going steady. I'm at least getting 2-4 chapters done in the day, before I ultimately lose time and focus for that task. I told David about it as we were catching up awhile ago on our latest shenanigans. He asked if I was ever gonna let him read it, and I said, "Yeah, sure. Once I've finished fixing it, I might show it for a beta-read". And I sure damn will do that.

Future me, if you ever choose not to let others read your first finished novel, regardless of how fucking shitty it is, I'm gonna be disappointed in you. This is your past self convincing you that you have to break that wall if you actually wanna be an author someday. You gotta learn how to take criticisms from your work. What's the worst that could happen?

It's not like I wrote something that was remotely serious to begin with. It only started out as sort of serious, but then it took a lot of twists and turns along the way, and became what it is now. Just remember that what you wrote is the equivalent of brain diarrhea. You busted out everything (maybe not everything, but whatever) that your brain could put out. And letting other people see your work will let you know what you get to keep out of all of it, and what you leave behind.

And that's sort of the whole point of the story that you wrote, anyway. It's supposed to change with each new version. Each iteration it takes will be a completely different thing from the previous iteration that it took.

I'm still playing Asphalt 9: Legends. It's really the type of game that's design to make you play it for a very long time before you could actually get to the end of what the game could provide you. It's a good pass-time kind of game, really. Not main game quality. Just casual.

I watched a video of Mangs talking about what Fire Emblem: Three Houses got wrong, and it only made me more interested in buying the game (once I get the money for it). It's the same thing that happened when I bought Age of Calamity. I watched a video about it that focuses on what it got wrong, and I just had to see it for myself. It's what also happened when I watched Arlo's Paper Mario: Origami King review. He dislikes a lot of things in the game, but it's only gotten me more interested in playing it.

I wonder what other games have these kinds of quirks in them...

I'm just gonna do a list of ideas/predictions for these last 300 words that I need to fill in for this journal entry:
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Chibi (ex: Link's Awakening & Pokemon BDSP) Graphical Remake should happen, since they already gave Advance Wars a graphical remake as well.
  • Final Fantasy XIII should be ported on the Switch.
  • Let's Go "Johto" Region will probably happen.
  • Pokemon Legends is gonna suck.
  • A new Mega-man Battle Network game should happen in the near future.
  • There's gonna be more than one Breath of the Wild Sequel.
I guess that's about it on the ideas/predictions. Oh, and The Wheel of Time on Prime is gonna suck. I feel like it's gonna flop, because people won't watch it, and it's gonna have the women-empowerment gimmick that ruined the Female Ghostbusters movie, and also Ocean's 8, as well as every other female-lead movie that flopped due to there being too many feminists involved in the making of the project. Wonder Woman—that's what I was missing. Well, at least the first movie. I'll forgive the second WW movie, because it made me cry.

Watched a new video from Monster Maze, regarding the Aftermath of The Great Calamity. It was a good video. He's the best Zelda YouTuber out there, cause his videos consist of not only gameplay footage, but also cinematic shots of the games. How does he do it? I don't know. It's probably some data-mining magic that I'll never be able to fathom.

Render Check on the gaming video (Mega-man Battle Network): 66%. Not bad.

* * *


* * *



Comments