Old Omens: Journal Entry #031

Written: Friday. September 10, 2021.

I was right when I said that I wasn't gonna be able to exercise today. There are two factors for this: one would be because I had spent a lot of time in the day watching Initial D. The second would be because I accidentally went into a deep sleep a while ago. I was supposed to just rest my eyes for a bit, but I guess my body just decided to take a long nap.

I finished watching the second season of Initial D, as well as the Third Stage, which is a movie. I'm sad that the story will probably focus more on Takumi's road to being a professional racer, and not more of his complex relationship with Natsuki. I hope that the next seasons at least bring her character back. Her story was too quick. It was dealt with very quickly. One of the reasons why I like this series is because it isn't just about cars and street racing. It's also about trying to live a normal life while all of that chaos is happening. But I guess they're focusing more on racing from here on out.

I fixed a few chapters on The Omnivault today, like I usually do. I could've spent more time fixing more chapters on it, but I kinda went with Initial D for today. I hope that I get to finish more chapters by tomorrow. I'll figure something out. I can't fix chapters while It's Showtime is on, and that's three hours wasted just sitting there, waiting for the noise to go away. I might wear earphones tomorrow to block potential distractions. I need to find a way to separate the music that comes out of Opera once Showtime comes on. I'll meddle with it tomorrow.

I did another gaming session today. I played Digimon Battle Spirit 2 again. This time, I played as Kumamon. Kumamon has a quickness to his style. Though I don't like that he doesn't have a build-up combo whenever you mash the B button. He just sort of does the same attack, and nothing else follows through. Though his other skills are quite useful, much like that of Agunimon's attacks. He's got the range attack, and a nice downward bash to hit Kerpymon as you jump to damage him. His super attacks are quite handy as well. The range attack basically becomes a better version of the normal range attack. It covers more range, and is somewhat easy to use. I bet if I practiced using Kumamon more, I'd be defeating Kerpymon on the first try or whatever.

His other super attacks were useful as well. I like his Down + B special attack, that allows Kumamon to do a barrage of axe swings on the opponent, giving you a ton of blue points to grab in the aftermath. It's super useful, cause it works 90% of the time. You can use it to get out of corners, or just use it to get a lot of point from the enemy. The Up + B super attack isn't that much useful. Kumamon basically just pounces on nearby enemies, if there ARE nearby enemies. The range wasn't good on that skill, I must say.

I'm interested to see if Kazemon is any good. I barely use her anyway, much like Lobomon. Though that play-through might still be in a few days or so. I'll be needing to go back and play one round of Advance Wars, one round of Megaman Battle Network, and then try to save up enough clips from Asphalt 9: Legends, which I'll turn into a compilation video and post in on the gaming channel.

I really haven't played any Breath of the Wild or Age of Calamity lately. I think I've basically entered this phase where I'm not gonna play those two games for a long while, until I get to buy a new Switch game, OR replay them once I've gotten a copy of the BOTW Sequel game that comes out next year (hopefully).

I wonder what they'll do in that game, that'd be different from the first game? Obviously, they're focusing on flying islands. But what else is gonna be in the game? More dungeons, I hope. I'm willing to bet that they're gonna open up the lower areas of Hyrule. Massive Caves, basically. I don't know if they'll actually allow the players to play as Zelda in this game. But if they do, I hope that it isn't initially available on the get-go. I hope that it's an unlockable feature, kind of like the Riku Route in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

AND, I hope they follow through on giving us a hint of Age of Calamity in the game. The New Champions HAVE to mention the alternate timeline at least once in the game. Or else, I'm suing Nintendo (probably not, but I'll be real mad if they don't do that!).

I feel like I've talked about this in a previous entry already...weird.

The gaming channel is doing okay. A lot of my efforts are getting lost in the analytics because YouTube's gotten smarter with detecting self-watch views, I guess. But since this tactic is something that I do everyday, I hope that it would amount to something in a couple of months.

I learned today that there's a new Plants vs. Zombies game (PVZ 3, to be exact). It's kind of like the first game, but with different a art style, and a few different mechanics. But so far, from what I've played a while ago, it's just feels like the original game, but with newer graphics. The game is still in development, but I'm playing it anyway, while recording my playthrough and putting it in the Channel. I'm just disappointed that my recording process sort of failed because parts of the video were lagging when I looked at it. It must've been because I was recording the game while a bunch of other stuff was happening from behind the scenes (in the computer).

I had a bunch of tabs opened up that were playing YouTube videos. That was a mistake.

* * *


* * *



Comments