New Frustrations: Journal Entry #04

Written: Wednesday. January 12, 2022.

Been a long time since I've written anything for this season. I just didn't feel like there was anything worth mentioning during the weeks that I was away. The holidays are over, but that doesn't really matter, because everyday is a holiday for me. Not in the good sense, because everyday also just feels the same because of this Covid-era. It's been 2 years since the pandemic hit, and each day has been pretty much the same since then. There are some days that are good. Others have been low points. And some, very rare, are days that I'll be looking back on with a smile on my face.

Just to get this out of my head, typing on my A4TECH Keyboard seems like a very pleasing feeling for my two hands. Well, the fingers on my hands that are tapping the keys, but you get what I mean. My brother bought this mechanical keyboard a few weeks ago, and my hands probably have forgotten the sensation of a regular keyboard. Typing with my good old keyboard for my laptop (which is not the keyboard of the actual laptop) is quite nice. Typing on a mechanical keyboard is great and all, but there's just something about the simplicity of the A4TECH that beats the feeling of a mech-board for me. Maybe it's the softness of the sounds the keys make when I tap them, or the curved edges of the keys that are not present in mech-board keys, or maybe something else entirely. Muscle memory? I don't know.

Since this season's theme is about new frustrations, I've been dealing with a constant enemy recently. And that is my temptations. Right now, I've got money to spend. Not a lot of money, but enough for me to buy things that I want. Things that will give me satisfaction for about maybe a few weeks or a month, but I'll ultimately won't gain anything from it, other than the old "peace of mind" or "mental health" self care bullshit that I make myself believe in. For the most part, that sort of works, but thinking of the long-run, I don't think this is gonna be beneficial for me.

So, what are the thing that I want to buy with the money that I currently have? Well, let's enumerate them one by one:

  • A new game for my Switch Lite. Now, this has been discussed in a previous entry, but it still holds up, unfortunately. I'm still constantly fighting the urge to buy a new game to play. I'm almost finished playing my 2nd play-through of Breath of the Wild, and I've already ordered Amiibo cards that will enhance my gaming experience for it, which will arrive a few days from now. I've already somewhat failed in resisting this urge, with those Amiibo cards. But luckily this has also somewhat alleviated some of this urge as well. The amiibo cards will probably give me enough days to be entertained with the new gaming experience that it brings, and it will distract me from wanting to buy Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
    • I want to play ACNH badly, but I just don't know if I'm the type of gamer who'll appreciate playing that kind of game. I've only really been into action adventure games (i.e.: Zelda games), and life sim/designer games have never really called out to me. Yet, somehow Animal Crossing New Horizons looks pretty good to me. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos regarding Animal Crossing, and in my head, it seems like I would enjoy this game, but another part of me thinks that once I've bought the game, I'll only get bored with it cause I'll eventually see it as a "chore" to design my own island. Because my brain tells me that I'd rather enjoy playing an actual game, than find a way to create something within a game that will hopefully fulfill some fantasy that I've wanted to see that was hiding deep within my subconscious...or something like that. Again, never really been dying to live out a virtual life, which is as mundane as reality, inside of a video game. BOTW is fantastical enough to not feel like a life-sim...but it kind of is in some levels. But also arguably not really.
    • Also want to buy Skyward Sword and Link's Awakening, but that would mean that I'll...be spending money. Simple as that. I need to remind myself that I could do that as a gift for myself in June. All I need to do is to wait and be patient enough to reach June without having to buy another game.

  • A brand new phone (preferably the new Cherry Mobile flagship phone). I currently don't have the money for this yet, but I probably will by the next paycheck. My current phone has a battery problem now, but it's not as problematic as it seems, really. Sure, it doesn't last as long as it did back then, but it isn't really much of a bother, since I could always just hook it up to a charger once it gets to a low-battery state.
    • probably the only reason why I want a brand new phone is because of the specs of the phone that I'm looking to buy. The Aqua S10 Pro has got 6GB RAM, and 128GB storage. That's a lot for a 7,999 peso smartphone. I could play a TON of video games with that phone, and I'll have a better video quality on the cameras if I ever so choose to vlog again. But here's the thing...I already have a Switch that's dedicated to gaming, and I don't really have the urge to make videos lately. I could even probably play all of the games that I want to play on my current phone and tablet, and also video myself with the phone that I have, which already has decent video quality anyway. So, in other words, I don't really NEED a new phone right now. But I probably will once my current phone dies out on me this year. In that case, I'll HAVE to buy a new phone. Preferably a newer model than the S10 Pro.

  • A brand new Tablet (with Pen). Not that buying the tablet that I bought was a mistake or anything. It was, but it doesn't deserve that mindset, either. I want to buy a faster tablet that has a pen that I can use for making digital art. I've been getting bored of making pixel art, and it's high time I stretch my actual traditional-sense-of-art muscles.
    • I'm looking at either the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite(24K), or the Huawei Matepad 11(27K). Both feature a pen, but the other is much more expensive.
    • Looking at the prices, I realize that the better option is the Samsung Tablet.
    • Looking at the specs though, Huawei's got it better. 4GB RAM vs. 6GB RAM? Come on.
    • The only downside to buying the Huawei tablet is probably the lack of Google Services...but that isn't really an issue for me. I could easily just search google on the built-in browser and go from there.
    • The real downside to all of this is that...it's not a laptop. With a laptop, I could basically do more productive stuff. But that isn't to say that a Tablet couldn't do what laptops can.
      • I can write shit on a laptop, but the same goes for the tablet if I have a Bluetooth keyboard.
      • I can use Photoshop and Premiere on a laptop, but I could also use Pixel Studio and PowerDirector on a Tablet.
      • I can play mobile games and video games on a Tablet with ease. A laptop can't do that correctly if you don't have the right video graphics for the game u want to play.
        • Tablet (GB,GBC,GBA,NES,SNES,N64,PSP,DS,Mobile Games)
        • Laptop (GB,GBC,GBA,NES,SNES,N64,PC Games)
      • In all honestly, I'll be able to do more with a tablet.
* * *


* * *









Comments