New Frustrations: Journal Entry #05

Written: Thursday. January 13, 2022.

Now, in terms of wanting a laptop, these are the pros and cons:
  • Pros:
    • Laptops are mobile desktops. Meaning, I can store files there and organize those files however I please. Folder to folder. The whole shebang.
    • I can use flash-drives and hard-drives whenever I please.
    • I can use and record my usage of Photoshop, which will be helpful when I want to make videos regarding pixel art.
    • when I go to my friend Kurt's place in order to brainstorm, a laptop will be handy, and a tablet won't be as handy...but if given effort, this issue can be a non-issue.
  • Cons:
    • A laptop is heavy and will be inconvenient to bring with me whenever I travel. A tablet will be much more convenient to bring than a laptop.
      • Although, a laptop can store files easier than a tablet, if such a case as a photoshoot or a video-session commences.
    • Doesn't have a pen to use whenever I feel like making digital art.
      • Although, since I'm more of a pixel-artist than a digital drawing artist, a laptop will be more convenient for my medium, since
    • Slow boot up. This is a hassle, especially since with a tablet I could simply press the power button in order to open up the tablet and it'll be ready to use. A laptop takes about 15 minutes on average to get ready for usage.
      • but the payoff to that waiting time is the power a laptop brings to its user.
    • There are too few video games that I could play on a laptop. I'm more of a Console player, and never really liked playing PC games, so it might not be a good idea to buy a laptop if I want to use the device for gaming.

Going back to the pros of getting a tablet instead of a laptop, I can finally play DS games with ease on a Tablet, which is something that I can't comfortably do on a mobile phone, or even my current tablet...well, I could do it on my tablet, but the additional pen will really help the process, I think/feel.

With a laptop, I am limited to doing productive things that will benefit my future self. Some would argue that that's a good thing to invest your time on, but I beg to differ. I want to experience a balance of work and relaxation with the time that I have in this world. Basically, I just want to be able to do the work that I want to do, but also have the ability to play games on the go.

* * *


* * *



Comments