The Nth Chapter: Journal Entry_011.

Written: Wednesday. January 4, 2023.

Can't believe it's only Wednesday, but it already feels like it's been a week already. The past few days have been long and eventful. Last Monday, I posted a new video on my YouTube Channel after 3 months since I started working. Yesterday, I went out for a stroll, and arrived at Ayala in order to do some window-shopping at the 3 Glorietta malls.

I also had a realization about myself because of my travel yesterday. It turns out that I might really not be fit to make Vlog-type videos. I like vlogging, but I only like it when there are other people around, and I hate it when it's just me or when I'm alone on one of my travels.

I used to travel to different malls before the pandemic, and I wanted to start this new year by getting back into that routine. I always imagined that once I've bought a decent enough camera to shoot videos with, I'd be vlogging these travels of mine. But yesterday, as I tried doing that with my DJI Osmo Pocket, I didn't really feel like vloggin my whole adventure. It felt like a distraction from the task at hand. I came out of the house in order to have a good time and look for stores and places I haven't been to or haven't discovered yet. And to shoot video while strolling inside of the mall felt so unnatural for me. I guess that's probably the same for a lot of introverted vloggers, but I just couldn't get myself to bring out my Osmo inside of a store whenever I entered one and browsed around. I just wanted to look and be at peace inside of these stores. I didn't want to get any attention on me as I browsed through the products, which is what tends to happen when you hold out a video camera out of your arm and point it at yourself or on their products.

It's unfortunate that I still haven't gotten used to doing that, but I also feel like I'll never be able to get used to that kind of stuff. Which is why I don't really see this realization as a sort of bad realization. It's actually really helpful. It made me think of a new set of ideas that I could potentially put more focus on next time.

Instead of making vlogs and personal videos, why not just focus on the kind of content that's giving me organic views already? The Mecha Anime videos, for example. Those videos are gaining views without me having to self-watch them. And I'm having a ton of fun making them anyway compared to when I make vlogs. The vlogs that are posted on my YouTube Channel never gain enough views to say that it's the direction I should head towards.

If that's the case, then I should focus more on the NO-face YouTube content. I've seen a video thumbnail once about "how to be a NO-face YouTuber". I've never actually watched one of those videos, but it sort of made me realize that that's somehow what I've been doing with my Channel. I've lessened the frequency of me showing my face, and prioritized making quick video digests that only prioritize the usage of my voice and fast paced visuals to compliment the content of the script.

So I guess that's what I'll try doing from now on. I'm still open to making vlogs, but I don't think I'll prioritize it as much anymore. And who says that I need to share my solo-travels with the internet? I do those for myself, anyways. I absolutely don't have to film it, unless something exciting or interesting happens within those solo-travels of mine.

And also, I've still been thinking of buying that Lenovo Chromebook 3 that I talked about in the last journal entry. I feel like once I've gotten my salary for last month, I'll order the device instantly for sure. It's something that just feels right, especially if I'm planning to continue doing solo-travels within the year.

I do have to buy a new phone this month, though. It's become mandatory, since my current phone is already going crazy and keeps dying on me. But that's fine. It's a good alternative to buying a new video camera (that I'll probably regret buying cause I can't vlog the shit out of it).

I still would love to buy myself a camera that has a front flipping monitor. The Sony ZV-1F is a good-looking entry-level vlogging camera that I could potentially buy.

* * *


* * *




Comments