The Nth Chapter: Journal Entry_012.

Written: Friday. January 6, 2023.

I hate when things don't go according to plan, or when things don't go according to how I imagined it. I definitely welcome the chaos of possibility, but this wasn't that. This case was manipulated by mischievous forces whose only focus is to disrupt another force (me) from getting want they want, or what they planned on doing.

I wanted to buy a Lenovo Chromebook 3 so that I could have a device that was dedicated for my writing—whether it be journaling, story-telling, or scriptwriting for one my YouTube videos. But I guess God and the Universe have something else planned out for me...they have something else planned out for the money I still have on my bank account. That's the silver lining, I guess.

This would mean that I've got room to make alternative purchases. The secondary laptop thing didn't work because once I had ordered it online, the price went up all of a sudden, and that only really means that the initial price that it had was a lie they made in order  for people to order it and end up probably buying it for more than they should because "well, I guess 3 thousand pesos isn't a whole lot of money". I didn't wanna fall victim to it...well, I gave it a day, and then backed out on it after listening to my nagging conscience. If my brain can't stop thinking of a thing, then it only means that there's either something wrong with that thing, or that I should dive head first towards that thing...this case, it was the former.

So what can I buy that's possibly something that'll be useful to me production-wise? I've already bought a phone, which is something that's only a mandatory purchase, since I'm probably not gonna do anything else with it besides use it as a, well, a phone. I won't download games on it, regardless of it having a 128GB internal storage (though I might change my mind with this, at some point...I probably will, but anyway—).

I was thinking of buying a drawing tablet for PC (the Huion Kamvas Pro 12 or something named like that), but the price went up for that device as well, so I'll probably try finding a physical store that sells it, rather than have to look it up on Lazada. The only problem that I have with this is that I still don't know if I should buy a drawing tablet at this stage in my life.

I've got a good thing going right now; I've got a lot of things going on right now. I'm juggling between work, video games, and trying to make my Quick Video Digests. If I try to bring in digital drawing or animation into the picture, it doesn't seem like a connective branch to swing back and forth with. I'll have to take time to practice a new skill, and that's really not on my agenda right now.

I also thought of buying a new video camera, but that idea's basically been scrapped since I probably will no longer focus on making Vlog-type videos in the near future in favor of making Faceless content.

Plus, I've just purchased a new phone that has a good enough camera to use for vlogging. I don't need another device that'll probably add just a slightly better picture quality to my videos. Story is king, and not the equipment you use.

Not buying a secondary laptop also gives room for me to buy new books, but since I'm still stuck reading Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo, I don't really need to buy more books just yet.

Though in my recent travel to Glorietta, I've developed an idea of re-reading the Percy Jackson books, and trying to make reviews for those books on my YouTube Channel, so that I could add a new category to my content. Though it wouldn't be a new category. I would be reviving an old category, since I've already attempted to talk about books on my Channel in the past. Though those videos were half-assed, in a sense. I didn't really get a sense of how to do things yet, until I started making the Mazinger Z videos that I've made.

My plan of attack will be to re-read the books, and then write notes about it per chapter, and then write a collective review on the book as a whole. And since it's based on Greek Mythology, I can do parallels or comparative videos on the Riordan-counterparts, and Mythology-counterparts, and maybe even their Hades-counterparts.

And then once I'm done with the Riordan books, I could start branching out towards other Kid books like Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and/or the Unfortunate Series.

* * *


* * *




Comments