The Nth Chapter: Journal Entry_021.

Written: Tuesday. March 7, 2023.

It's weird that life gives exactly what you asked for, and once you have it, it almost always feels as though it's punishment for even asking for more than what life's already given you.

For this year, I wanted it to be that I could get to spend a lot of time (mostly on the weekends, but weekdays apply too) outside of the house and doing stuff or going to places. It's only March, but I kid you not when I say that I haven't had a full week of just doing nothing at home.

It's not that I'm complaining or anything. It's just really weird that I got exactly what I asked for. It's definitely overwhelming, but manageable. Hey, I'm still alive and kicking, right? So I guess I can survive it.

This weekend, I barely had any time for myself because I had to work the whole day last Saturday because there weren't enough editors available on the weekend. It was literally just me and another editor. And the icing on the cake is that I had to work without any internet connection available to me. I just had to make do with the data on my phone, and it wasn't enough, so I had to go to a cafe or a mall so that I could connect to the wi-fi.

I spent half a day working at the J.CO coffee branch in SM Bicutan. Starbucks doesn't have internet service, apparently. There aren't any internet cafes available anywhere, either. That's what died post-pandemic. Internet cafes are no longer something people go to, but they apparently still go to coffee shops, which is arguably riskier than co-working cafes.

I was given pocket money by Ofie, which I utilized to the best of my ability...and that's actually to not spend it on what I needed to spend it on. I was given 1,200 pesos for Grab and food, and I've used that money for Habal-habal instead 'cause it's cheaper than Grab. I did use that money for food. But only like 200 pesos worth of food. The remaining 1,000 pesos was used for subscribing to Gank, so that I could enter Kurt's first Wrestling Match at Fitness Playground PH.

So I still have about 400 pesos to spare, and I've got some additional pay for the Overtime that I did on the weekend. So that balances things out, I guess.

Kurt's Debut Wrestling Match went alright. He lost in his two matches, but that made sense, since he's just a beginner. The whole wrestling event was awesome, though. It was definitely something I never would've thought I would experience. I can now foresee that I'll be attending more events like that in the future because Kurt will probably have more matches as well. I am interested in the collector cards, though. But that's something that I'm still wrapping my head around. How will I profit off of those cards? How do I make that into a business?

* * *


* * *

















Comments