D.I.D. is interesting | The Modern Hidalgo

fascinating, even.
THE MODERN HIDALGO: Entry_093.
Written: Friday. April 17, 2020.


Still listening to that Harry Potter calm music. It’s a nice compilation, what can I say. Though I’m not willing to re-watch the movies anytime soon. I’d probably re-watch the Planet of the Apes movies (original five movies and the modern trilogy), and the Rocky movies, this year. Maybe also the Star Trek movies (modern trilogy). I’ve never been much of a fan of the originals. I’ve tried watching them, but I stopped at Wrath of Khan. It was just not my taste. I like the new ones cause they’re more visually pleasing, while still maintaining a level of science-fiction goodness in it.

I used to believe that Star Trek was superior to Star Wars, cause it was a more grounded story, that offered a possibility/plausibility to the sci-fi stuff they show in the movies. But that was way back when I still haven’t watched a single Star Wars movie, and when I watched Force Awakens (yes, I’m that kind of person), my mind had been immediately opened up to the world of Star Wars. I still like Star Trek for its ‘realism’, but Star Wars is in a whole different level.

* * *

Today is Wild Card Day, so anything goes.

I didn’t write a journal entry yesterday, cause the wheel of fortune didn’t land on it the whole day. I was also flipping coins whenever I needed to charge my phone. But the chances were still against me when it came to writing a journal entry. I did, however, fix some of the older entries, and wrote some new stuff on the current story I’m writing (The Omnivault). It’s not a new chapter, or anything. It was more of laying the groundwork/foundation of the world. I had written it in one of my notebooks, where all of the lore is written so far.

I’m starting to write about the reboot part of the story. For those who don’t understand this, you better start reading my story. The reboot is essentially the second chance of the characters. It’s my way of trying to fix the first draft of the story. I don’t see it as a main event. It’s more of a prequel to the main serial.

The main serial will be four years long. Or at least four books long. And then if I’m successful enough, there’d be a second serial. Probably just three books — a trilogy, focused on the adult lives of the main characters. Kind of like Naruto Shippuden, or Legend of Korra, or Ben 10 Alien Force, where there’d be a time-jump to the story. I’ve always wanted to do something like that.

* * *

I’m sleepy. It’s currently 12:22 pm in the afternoon, the exact time of the day when the sleepiness kicks in. I’ll probably doze off once I’m done writing this shit out.

Also didn’t exercise yesterday, cause I had drank coffee in the morning. And coffee plus exercise is not a good combo for the heart. I don’t wanna end up repeating genetic history.

I was watching a bunch of old Smosh videos yesterday, as well. Videos that date back to when Anthony Padilla was still there. Now he has his own channel. I got curious and looked it up, and found a video of him spending a day with people who have D.I.D., which means Dissociative Identity Disorder. It was surprisingly a good video. I learned something from it. My beliefs toward the disorder were simply that I didn’t believe it was something serious, or that whoever claimed that they had it were straight up lying to people. But watching the video really sold me on the fact that it was actually real — that there are people out in the world who have a case of there being multiple personas inhabiting one body, properly called Alters. ‘Cause calling them ‘Personalities’ is wrong for them, and it gives this feeling of people not taking them seriously.

The video also showed their perspectives, and how the world treats people like them. People tend to take it as a joke or an act, or simply not take it seriously. The one thing they hate the most is that people tend to fear people like them. Mainly because of the movie Split, which according to them, doesn’t accurately depict how D.I.D. works. And that the movie portrayed their kind as destructive or predatory, in the sense that they should be feared by people, which is far from reality. They’re more of victims to their condition, cause its a case that’s developed very early on in their childhoods. Or shall we say, underdeveloped. Cause they mention that one of the causes of D.I.D is that in the early stages of learning, there is a moment, or chance, or circumstance, that a child may not be able to fully establish a singular identity, and that other identities would start to come into play, and try to, not necessarily take over, but maneuver this hollow vessel of a child’s body, since there’s little to no strong consciousness controlling it. And throughout their lives, these multiple alternate identities start working together in the same body, taking turns and trying to live as a united force.


It’s all very interesting to think about. Though I don’t know if I’m doing an exactly good thing. Me being a writer, and learning about interesting stuff like this, definitely makes me want to write something that’s similar or exact to it. I’ve literally started adding D.I.D. stuff to one character. Not forcefully, of course, I just thought it’d be a nice fit, or explanation, as to why this particular character has been acting strangely (showing different faces and/or personalities), and watching Anthony’s video sort of gave me an idea or an answer to my problem.

Plus, I think I might also have a personal story connected to D.I.D., but that’s for another time, cause that story requires a little bit of a lot of explanation to do in order to fully understand what’s really going on. Not just for the reader, but also for me, the actual witness of that particular event…

* * *


* * *



Comments